- The protection of your personal data and the reserve to the basic right for data
protection is important to us. We strictly adhere to the legal requirements when
processing your personal data and would like to inform you of our data collection and
use so that you feel safe when you visit our website. The following data protection
declaration explains which of your data is collected on our website and which and
how the data is processed and used and who you can contact if you have any
- 1. Scope
(referred to as “Otrans” or “we”). It does not apply to websites that are not linked to
recommend that you review the privacy policies published on those websites.
at any time in writing by contacting us (see section 9).
- 2. Collection, processing and use of personal data
- Personal data means any information which allows us to identify you and can be
traced back to you, such as your name, email address, phone number and any
reference data you give us when you register.
- We will only collect, use and transmit your personal data if licit or if you agree to data
collection. We collect your information directly from your entries and automatically via
the online application’s technology.
- 2.1 Collection, processing and use of your personal data
- We collect, store and process your data for the entire purchase transaction, technical
administration, statistical analysis, our own marketing purposes (see section 2.2) as
well as for preventing criminal offence and fraud or for detecting security threats. In
particular, we use your data for the following actions:
- to provide and improve our service and support;
- to contact you according to your request;
- for data analyses;
- for internal audits;
- to prevent and detect security threats, fraud and other malicious activities;
- to meet our legal obligations and carry out our agreements;
- to create accounts and statistics on access behaviour (e.g. number of
accesses to a source, number of accesses per client in total and per source,
changes in access frequency).
- 2.1.1 Log files
- When visiting our website www.otrans.at, protocol data, so-called log files, are stored
by default for technical reasons. These datasets contain the following data: date,
time, name of the opened page, IP address, the website from which you visit us
(referrer URL), browser type, and operating system. We also capture and store
automatically which pages you visit. This data is stored and analysed anonymously.
Anonymously means that it is not possible or possible only with disproportionately
great effort of time, costs and workforce, that data be attributed to a certain or
determinable natural person.
- 2.1.2. Transmission to third parties
- Your personal data will only be transmitted to third parties where legally permissible
(to enforce or fulfil a regulatory order, a law or an arbitrary measure, to detect and
prevent safety threats, fraud or any other malicious activities, to protect or enforce
our rights and property or to protect the rights or personal security of our staff and
third parties), for marketing purposes or if you have given your consent.
- It is possible that contents of third parties such as maps of Google Maps, videos of
YouTube, RSS feeds or graphics of other websites are incorporated within our
website. This always implies that the provider of these contents detects the IP
address of the user, because without the IP address it would not be possible to send
the contents to the user’s browser. Therefore, the IP address is required in order to
display these contents. We attempt to use only contents of providers who use the IP
address only to transmit the contents. However, we have no influence on this, in case
the third parties store your IP address e.g. for statistical purposes. If this becomes
known we will inform you about it.
- Your personal data is partially stored by third parties such as Google, Facebook, etc.
in the USA and will be disclosed by them for special purposes. To learn for which
purposes your data is disclosed, we recommend you review the respective privacy
- 2.2. Use of your data for advertising purposes
- We also use your data for the following purposes: to communicate on specific
products or marketing campaigns, to recommend products or services that could
interest you, to invite you to participate in surveys or similar advertising campaigns:
- 2.2.1 Newsletter
- For the distribution of the newsletter we use the email address provided by you and
we require your confirmation that you, as the owner of the email address, agree to
receive it. Thereby we are using the so-called double-opt-in procedure, which means
that you have to explicitly confirm that we should activate the newsletter service for you. You then receive a confirmation and authorisation email in which we ask you to
click on the link contained in this email, confirming that you want to receive our newsletter.
Your consent to the newsletter is voluntary and may be revoked at any time. You can
revoke via the unsubscribe link in each newsletter or by sending a message in writing (e.g. email, letter) to the contact listed in section 10.
- 2.2.2. Product recommendations
- Furthermore, we use your data to communicate with you during marketing campaigns
on certain products and services that may interest you, regardless of whether you
subscribed to a newsletter. These marketing campaigns are mailings either by email
or by mail. The consent to receive these mailings is voluntary and may be revoked at
any time. You can revoke via the unsubscribe link in each newsletter or by sending a
message in writing (e.g. email, letter) to the contact listed in section 10.
- 2.2.3. Sweepstakes
- In sweepstakes we use your data for the purpose of prize notification and
advertisement for our offers. If applicable, you can find detailed information in our
conditions of participation in the respective sweepstake.
- 3. Cookies and targeting
- Accepting cookies is not a prerequisite to visit our websites. However, we point out
otherwise our website’s functions may be limited.
- 3.1. What are cookies?
Cookies are text files that are stored locally on the hard drive of your computer and
are re-sent to the webserver if you access the website at a later time.
Basically, there are two different types of cookies, so-called session cookies that are
deleted once you close your browser, and temporary/permanent cookies that are
stored on your device for a longer period of time or unlimited time. This storage helps
us to design our websites and offers for you and facilitates the use by storing certain
entries that you have made so that you do not have to repeat them constantly.
We also apply web beacons (counting pixels) in browsers. Web beacons are third
party cookies and are placed on a website or in an email (newsletter) so that the
visitor’s online behaviour on the website or clicking on the newsletter can be
- 3.2. Which cookies does O Trans use?
Most cookies we use are automatically deleted from your hard drive when you close
the browser (end of session; therefore they’re also called session cookies).
automatically recognised that you have already visited our website and which entries
and settings you prefer. These temporary or permanent cookies (operating life 1
month to 10 years) are stored on your hard drive and delete themselves after the
specified time. These cookies especially serve to make our offer more user-friendly,
more effective and safer. Thanks to this data it is possible e.g. that information is shown which is specially matched to your interests. The sole purpose of these
cookies is to adapt our offers to the customers’ wishes as best as possible and
enable you to surf on our website as comfortably as possible.
- 3.3. Which data is stored in the cookies?
The cookies used by Otrans only store pseudonymised data. When the cookie is
activated, it receives an identification code and your personal data is not associated
with this identification code. Your name, IP address or similar data that would enable
direct association of the cookie with you is not incorporated into the cookie.
- Google Analytics
- _ga (operating life 2 years)
_gid (operating life 24 hours)
- fr (operating life 3 months)
- Google Remarketing
- IDE – Doubleclick (operating life 1 year)
DSID – Doubleclick (operating life 1 week)
- Cookies akzeptieren
- cookiesAccepted (operating life 1 year)
- 3.4. Re-Targeting
In some circumstances our websites may use so-called re-targeting technologies. By
using these technologies we can make the internet offers more interesting for you.
This technology enables us to address internet users who are already interested in
our shop or internet presence and our products with advertisement on our partners’
websites. The display of these advertising materials on our partners’ pages is based
on a cookie technology and an analysis of the previous user behaviour. This form of
advertising is entirely pseudonymous. By using cookies, your usage data will be
collected, stored and used. Furthermore, your data in cookies will be stored beyond
the end of the browser session and may be made available again during your next
visit of the websites.
- 3.5. How can you prevent the storage of cookies?
In your browser you can set up that storing cookies is only accepted if you agree and
thereby prevent future storage of cookies. If you want to accept only Otrans’s
cookies, but not those of our service providers and partners, you can choose “block third party cookies” in your browser’s setup. The help function on the menu bar of
your web browser shows you how to reject new cookies and deactivate those already
stored. If you block cookies, it is possible that you may not (or no longer) be able to
register, log in or use the service of our website to its full extent.
- You can manage many online advertising cookies of companies on the American
page http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the EU page http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices/
- I agree that Otrans uses the data disclosed by me as well as pseudonymised
usage data to present personalised advertisement and/or special offers and
- 4. Web-Analyse
- 4.1. Google Analytics
- This website uses Google (Universal) Analytics of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Google (Universal) Analytics uses methods that enable an analysis of your use of the website, such as cookies, which are text files stored on your computer. The
information generated by the cookies about your use of the website is usually
transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the USA. When the IP
anonymisation is activated on this website, the IP address will be truncated prior to
transmission within Member States of the European Union or other parties to the
Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is sent to and
truncated by Google servers in the USA in exceptional cases only. Your anonymised
IP address transmitted by your browser through Google Analytics will not be
associated with any other data held by Google. You may refuse the collection of data
generated by cookies and based on the use of the website (incl. IP address) for
Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and
installing the browser plug-in available on http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de. Alternatively you can click on this
link to prevent future collection of data by Google Analytics on this website. This
stores an opt-out cookie on your terminal device. If you delete your cookies, you have
to click on the link again.
- You can find more information on the site policy and data protection on https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/
- 4.2. Mail Chimp
- For the distribution of our newsletter we use the services of Mail Chimp by the Rocket
Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308
USA. These contain a web beacons, also called tracking pixel. It can be used to
identify whether the emails have been opened or the links contained in the emails
have been clicked on. We use this information to improve our email service and
analyse which information is read or clicked on the most. We associate this data with
your actions on our website. The information collected in this way is stored by the
newsletter provider Mail Chimp on its server in the USA. Mail Chimp is authorised to
transmit your usage data in certain cases to third parties. You can revoke this
tracking at any time by clicking the separate link contained in each email or by
contacting us via the contact details in section 9.
- For the purpose and extent of the data collection and further data processing and
usage of data by Mail Chimp as well as your respective rights and setting options to
protect your privacy, please visit the data privacy statement on http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/ as well as Mail Chimp’ss terms of service on http://mailchimp.com/legal/terms/.
- When you delete an email, the web beacon is also deleted automatically. Our regular text emails do not contain web beacons.
- By using this website you agree to the processing of the data collected on you
by web analysis services in the manner explained above and for the previously mentioned purpose.
- 5. Access to your personal information and its accuracy
- According to the data protection law you have the right to free information on your
stored data as well as the right to correction, disabling or erasure of data, among
We take the protection of your data very seriously. To make sure that personal data
is not transmitted to third parties, please send your request by email or mail to us as
described in section 9, including your clear identification.
- 6. Data security
- We use a number of data security measures to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information.
- 8. Transmission of personal information to third countries
- Your personal data may be transmitted to other countries mentioned in section 4 for processing.
- By using our services, you expressly agree to the transmission of your data
into countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different
data protection regulations than your country.
- 9. Kontakt
processing of your data, please contact:
- Otrans Transport GmbH
- Hermann Kaufmann
- Pass Thurn Straße 25
- A-6372 Oberndorf in Tirol
- Telefon: +43 5356 6950-0
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
this policy for a certain website depends on the day on which this website first
receives a link to this updated policy.